Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Variance at Micro Limits

Variance is just that, variance. Example - 45K hands at a particular level for me, and I am running thru a 1K hand 100+BB downswing. Sounds horrible right? It is. BUT, I came off a 10K hand 4.1BB/100 upswing. Could I have predicted either? No. Is my downsing going to end tomorrow? I don't know. What am I doing to try and end it? Cutting down my tables from 4 to 3, and playing a little tighter in EP. Will this work? Maybe. It could be that I am not a winning player and have just ran well for a while. Type +the +long +run into the search function box for the last month or so, and read what some of the experienced guys around here say is the long run (100K? nope, 200K nope, it's a long time).

If winning every session is the most important thing to you, play ABC WLLH style poker at .5/1, as many tables as your monitors can handle, and it should be a piece of cake. If you want to improve your game, read, post, think, analyze, and learn the game. The results (and money) will follow naturally.

Good luck.

Nate