Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #2 Results and Panel Comments

[ QUOTE ]
Things don't always turn out the way we expect. Very few people thought the villain had QT. Another lesson learned (at least for me) that complete bluffs are often played just like the nuts. Think back to some hands when you just *knew* you were way ahead only to see the pot go the wrong direction when your opponent had a monster.

Like I said originally, I don't think there is anything earth shattering here. I think there are a few subtle points that can help make the difference between a good and great player. And when people cannot recognize the lessons to be learned, it's usually because they have already become a great player or are not quite ready to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a bit patronizing, but so be it.

Most posters would have bet the same on the flop (unless you can prove that there's a serious difference between betting 2/3 pot or pot there). The only major difference between giga's point of view and ours (including Che and MLG), is the turn call.

I'll think about it, maybe i'm missing something subtle here, but to me there's little difference there.

Again, I love this concept and I love reading the experts and forum members thoughts. After the turn bet, I think every line takes us to the same point the vast majority of times (regardless of this specific hand), but as I said, i'll give it another thought.