Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2003, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Debtable one..

You mention the Doyle Brunson approach with suited connectors. The thing is, his book is not really about tournaments, and that is where most of the NL is being played. With his theory of getting his money in with a average draw just to make sure his opponent wont take advantage of him is an E ticket to the rail in a tourney. He even admits that he had to follow jonny moss around texas to figure out how to win tournaments. Its alot easier to move all in with middle pair and a lamo draw when you can reach into your giant pocket and pull out another wad o' cash. I am not sure what the odds are of flopping something REALLY usefull, but with suited connectors you either get 2 pair that may need to be protected by a very big bet, or a draw where no bet might be nice. But all my draws seem to be facing an all in bet, and I have decide if I want to risk my tourney life (my last 2 tourneys I have and have hit nothing on an open ended SF!). I still think suited connectors are useful, but they are very difficult to play if you just catch a piece of the flop. - - how much money has been lost with middle pair?

spoody