Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Going back from 6max to full

[ QUOTE ]
(3) 3-bet with caution when holding less than the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

The word here is caution. I say nothing about not 3-betting at the right times. 3-betting in SH is very run-of-the-mill and pretty much automatic in many spots. This is not so in full, comparatively speaking (at least in the $5/$10 games I see). Many spots where a 3-bet is auto in SH need more consideration in full: what type of player is raising you? There are a bunch of micro-AF players who will only raise with very big hands and a 3-bet is always capped. There are also players smart enough to exploit more aggressive play (when over-used, which is easy coming from SH).

EDIT: Perhaps less than the nuts is overdoing it a bit, but I was trying to convey the comparative experience I have had returning to full games. SH people raise with all sorts - so you need to 3-bet liberally.

[ QUOTE ]
(6) AQ is not a big hand to a PF 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed, I was deliberately under-stating this in an attempt to be ironic. There are some good sarcasm meters about on the forum, you may be able to get hold of one and tweak it for irony as well... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]