Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Re: Poker School Online?

I have no first hand knowledge of poker school online (PSO), but I did meet a couple in Aruba that had both worked their way through it, both were very happy with it, both were decent.
But, what people are saying is very true, learning poker is a gradual process. First you learn to beat the lowest levels, then you learn to beat the next level, etc. Mtt's are no different than limit. If you cant beat .05/.10 on stars you cant beat 3/6 or 15/30 either. You make money in poker from other people's mistakes, the more mistakes they make, the higher your edge. If you look into PSO, you like the format, you enjoy the people playing, and the fees are reasonable, go for it. But you will learn that better players makes it tougher to succeed, not easier.

(BTW- you should know up front that mtt's is a tough route for learning the game. I got 13th out of 2700 tonight, and it feels awful. Anything but 1st is a huge let down, and it happens so rarely your constantly disapointed. You are better off learning limit or nl ring games or sng's first, because you get to have successful sessions regularly enough to feel like your progressing)

Steve