Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2003, 02:43 PM

Default Twilight Zone on Party 1/2

Submitted for your approval, in the cutoff, drudman holds AQo. The table is incredibly wild. UTG doubles the blind to 4, two clowns call. I decide to raise here to either scoop the bets right there or to isolate against one of the clowns who are most likely playing Ax or some kind of KJ, QJ, etc.

I raise 2x the pot to 20, which I think is enough to keep from being flat called by all three of them. To my alarm, all three call the 20 and go to the flop. I am quite sure that I have just about the best hand at the table. I have to figure UTG for a small pair maybe, but any of them would reraise all in with AK AA or KK for sure. I decide that if I hit a TPTK I'm going to tap.

UTG: $80
Clown: $400
Superclown: $60
Me: $80

Flop comes A35 rainbow, which I love. UTG thinks for awhile, checks. Superclown taps for 60, I have 80. Other clown folds, it's up to me now.

I decide that this joker has a weaker ace, and I call. UTG folds.

Turn J, river Q for my top two pair.

Superclown turns over 24c for the lowball wheel. Hands shaking, drudman leaves the table, wondering if he is dreaming, or just another casualty of... the Twilight Zone.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]