Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2005, 07:34 PM

Default ($11)(Party)QQ at 10/15. All in on flop--Good/Bad/Donky?

One of the things I've found on the Party 11's is that people are willing to call huge overbets because they think it is a bluff. I've used this several times to win some nice chips. In this hand, I went all in on the flop.

Seat 1: Villan1 (800)
Seat 2: Hero (800)
Seat 3: Villan2 (680)
Seat 5: Villan3 (1035)
Seat 6: Villan4 (785)
Seat 8: Villan5 (935)
Seat 9: Villan6 (2180)
Seat 10: Villan7 (785)
Villan7 sb (10)
Villan1 bb (15)

Dealt to Hero [ Qh, Qd ]

Hero raises (85) to 85
1 fold
Villan3 calls (85)
5 folds

I put villan on overcards or a smaller pair. I think he will reraise me if he has AA/KK.

Flop: [ 9c, 2c, 6c ]

Ok flop for me. I think it is unlikely that villan hit the flush, but he may have a club. If he had a smaller pair, he could have a set, but that is, well, as unlikely as it is that someone hits a set. I think that if villan has an underpair or high club, he is likely to call an all-in overbet (people just seem to do this in the 11's). If he has the flush or a set, of course he will also call and I'll likely lose all my chips. Is my thinking completely out of touch with other peoples' experiences at the PP 11's?

Villan called. Do you think I am ahead or behind when he calls? Do you think this is a +EV move? This is not how I normally play, but I'm experimenting with the Party 11's and trying different things.

Hero bets (715)
Hero is all-In.
Villan3 calls (715)