Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2005, 01:20 PM

Default The \"Think-Swing\"

(first: sorry for my bad english)

Im lately thinking about some kind of a phenomen I observe at myself...

I play 0.5/1 (6max) and this phenomen just seems to occur in Shorthanded for me...

After getting used to the limit I did quite well; - playing constantly every day and winning - and after some days of winning I just lost - And it would be, looking at my graph, ridiculous to blame some kind of a "downswing" for these funny downs always in my graph - its just going down *wham* ...

I observed this often after doing quite well for a week or so...

And now I couldnt play for like a week (Partysplit etc.) so just played a few sitngos at pacific; mostly concentrating on school etc.

And today I played again... like 1000 hands - and guess what? Like 100BB down...

I dont know if it relates to the fact that its shorthanded or something else. Sometimes I think that for a particular Limit at shorthanded you need a particular, call it "feeling" for your opponents etc.

Another thought of mine is that its because these little 0.5/1 bets that are not really a lot for my BR and that the thought of 200$ Eurobet reload bonus and signup bonus at party etc. makes me kind of "wasting" my money - calling down crap - trying stupid moves etc....

U ever observed something like that for yourself? - I dont really get it because a night of good sleep and getting all my thoughts togheter - having a real aim in front of my eyes (reaching this or that, particular amount or something)- I again am able to do quite well and have 1000hands 6BB/100 sessions...

Or do you have any tips? Its just freaking enerving ...

Thx for your answers