Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Whatd the dude say to piss off Jennifer Harmon?

[ QUOTE ]
Here's the paragraph in question:

[ QUOTE ]
One of my good friends is out of the tournament already. The day isn't three hours old when I run into a devastated Jennifer Harman-Traniello. She had moved all-in on the river with queens full, a powerhouse hand that could be beaten on that particular board only by an unlikely four of a kind or an even more improbable straight flush. As her opponent called, he said, "Looks like it's an early day for me, I guess I'll go do some sightseeing." And then he rolled over his unbeatable straight flush. There are few players I like as much as Jennifer. I'm glad I wasn't at that table, or I might have gotten myself another lifetime ban.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could definitely understand her reaction if that's the way she heard the comment - and I'd say that it's highly likely that really is the way she heard it. There was no reason for her to make up a different version of what he said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course she heard it that way, that's exactly what the guy said.

Complete and total dick move on his part. If she had gone on about the 1 outer, that sucks, and is excessive. But when you are playing a huge pot in a big tourney (the biggest ever) and your opponent basically says "you got it . . . .PSYCHE!" that sucks ass.