Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Another God/genius question for Sklansky

In a recent post, Sklansky made the claim that when geniuses are certain about an area that they are well-versed in, then they are very likely to be right, or at least much more likely than the average person. He then pointed to the fact that most geniuses don't believe in God as proof of the likelihood God does not exist.

My question for David is, if a panel of people who you acknowledged to be genuises by your own criteria decided that the evidence makes it overwhelmingly likely that there is a god, would that change your mind on the issue? Please assume that these geniuses represented the vast majority of geniuses, and are not some crackpot splinter group.

Clearly, if you say it wouldn't change your mind, I'm going to ask you to square that with your previous statement. But what really fascinates me is the possibility you'll say it would change your mind, and why. I'm eager to hear your thoughts on the subject.