Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Admitting defeat

[ QUOTE ]
how did you lose that much on bj? isn't max bet $200?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it is [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Hey pete, the blackjack thing is not a good sign. It could be an early warning sign of a gambling problem. Seems like you learned your lesson though, so gratz for that.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah james i know what you mean. After I got off the table I felt like a degenerate gambler. Normally I'm very good at these things. I only really play poker and I played a few dollars at at time when I was playing BJ. I didn't exactly lose 23K in BJ though, I lost it on that one session but I had a few really big sessions prior like one where I won 11K. I'm P'Oed that I gave it back and then some, but that's the action junkie in me.
To be honest I didn't even know I was down that much until near the end. After a few K I just kept playing the max 200 limit every hand [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I definately learned my lesson though. But something about losing 23K in one day can be a good thing. It builds character. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I won't be playing that again.