Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Super Tuesday Hand - JJ against chip leader with 15 left

Here's what I think was a very interesting and tough hand from last night's Super Tuesday. There are 15 people left. I am probably seen as playing tightly. Most of my pre-flop raises have been uncalled. There was one hand where I raised UTG and the villain in this hand (the chip leader by almost 2x) re-raised me from the SB all-in (a fairly big overbet) with 99. On the last hand I pushed from MP with 77 and doubled up against AJ. The villain has been getting incredibly lucky. He's very aggressive and definitely using his stack to his advantage. However, I don't think he has absolute trash when raising in this hand.

Blinds 2000/4000
7-handed

Villain: t196340
Hero: t50882 (average is probably 75,000 but I'm right there with 5 or 6 other similar stacks)
Others: Have me covered although only 1 has 28k more than me

Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain is UTG and raises to t9000. Hero calls t9000. Folded around.

Pot: t24,000

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain checks. Action is on hero.

What range of hands do you put him on? Check or bet (and, if so, how much) and why?