Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2005, 02:17 AM

Default Is Super System 2\'s NL Section Outdated?

I want to preface this post by saying that Doyle Brunson is a god to me and I consider him the greatest to ever sit down at a poker table. However, I've long been critical of SSII's NL section not being updated. It's the exact same as the original with a few, very minor changes. It's been said that the limit section is outdated and the Harman section in SSII is more appropriate for today's game. I can't comment on that as I rarely play limit and when I do I pretty much play super tight. Even though the general strategy Brunson advocates is a great strategy for a player that knows what he's doing, I believe there should've been some changes made and I'd love to know what other 2+2ers think. For example, in his discussion of playing pocket Aces and Kings, he writes on page 567 that's he less leary about a three-flush flop being dangerous than a three-to-a-straight flop. He'd be more cautious with the latter. Now, it's been my experience that there are a hell of a lot more guys that will play any two suited cards than any two connecting cards. Obviously, through careful observation, you'll know if your in a hand with such a player and adjust accordingly, but, since he is giving a general philosophy, shouldn't the opposite be true?