Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2005, 01:11 PM

Default pro wants health insurance by 11/1/05

Hi,
This seemed like the best place to post this issue on this site although I'm not sure. I'd be glad to repost somewhere else if it would be better. I also realize that 2 + 2 may not be the best place to research this, but I do think it's a good place to start.

I'm currrently insured through COBRA from when I left my job in 2004 and turned pro. The policy ends 10/31. Tberefore, I'm attempting to be covered by 11/1 with a new insurance comapny.

I have contacted Blue Cross and I am working on an application with them on the site www.ehealthinsurance.com/, which I plan to have completed by today. Also, I may apply with Golden rule insurance on that site as well. Hopefully I'll get accepted by one of those companies by 11/1.

In the meantime, I am interested in applying at a couple of other insurance companies (maybe through a different site or method) - The idea is if I make four applications, hopefully I can be set up in time by at least one of the comapanies.

My goal is to get health insurance with a company that I could use in different states if I moved, and that I can keep over the long-term. I like a PPO plan with a deductible between 1k and 5k. I am a relatively healthy person with no major preexisting conditions.

Questions:
1. Are there any recommended companies to apply to?

2. Any recommended sites to visit where I can apply?

3. Any other suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks for your help