Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2005, 06:36 AM

Default Re: Party rakeback

[ QUOTE ]
What you guys received from your play on the skins should be considered a privilige and not looked at as a loss. The skins were set up to help party grow into a bigger site than it was. Instead, the independently operated sister sites and skin affiliate managers used these skins as a vehicle to steal existing players away from Party and move those players over to them. Party wants nothing more than to bring those people back. The players get the blunt end of it, but you know what? Players aren't supposed to be getting rakeback to begin with. So, consider anything at all to be a huge bonus on top of your poker winnings. As far as Party Poker is concerned (and rightfully so), they aren't screwing anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to hold back a little from what I was originally going to post.

Party is not infallible. You view all their actions through rose colored glasses. Their separation from the skins was a naked grab for power/money. How can you say that they were not trying to screw affiliates and players? They didn't even warn the skins in advance.

I refuse to look at the money I made from rakeback on the skins as a priviledge. I have donated tens of thousands of dollars to Party's coffers. They want to gouge me for even more. Period.

As for the comments you made on 35% MGR being impossible and the absence of collusion, I'd caution you to be careful about rushing to uninformed conclusions.

Common sense dictates that Party would offer greater incentives to their biggest affiliates when Eurobet and Empire were undercutting them with better return rates.

Also, it is in Party's best interest that no rate undercutting or fradulent account creation occurs in the future, so they have great incentive to place a cieling on rakeback rates. 25% is not a reasonable market determined rate because 1. the market hasn't had time to set a price and 2. the previous rates on other skins resulted in a 2.5% MGR profit to affiliates and the remainder went to the players. Right now, 5%(or more depending on whether you deny greater incentives for big MGR affiliates) is going to affiliates in these 25% deals.

You have made a lot of bold statements with an air of absolute authority, but you did not offer proof to refute my two earlier claims. I believe you were hasty in your judgments. There is more going on behind the scenes than you realize.