Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2005, 03:41 AM

Default Weird 10/20 hand

Live 10/20 game, 7 handed. It's loose, but I have no read on the player I'm in with, other than he didn't play many hands and I was only at the table for about 45 minutes when this came up. My initial read was that he was a solid player.

He limps from early/middle, and I raise from middle/late with QQ. BB calls, limper calls. Flop comes ace high and two small cards, rainbow, very disconnected board.

Limper bets, I raise, BB folds, limper 3bets, I flash my queens and fold.
He looks down at his hole cards, raises his eyebrows, and mucks his cards.

"Did I have the best hand?" I asked.
"Yes."

I didn't believe him, thinking he said it to set up a future play, only because his play wouldn't make any sense if he didn't have me beat unless he was a maniac. But then less than 10 minutes later he gets up and cashes out and leaves. Not sure if he was intending to leave when he said that, but if he was, he must have been honest as there's no point in lying unless he plans on seeing me there in the future (I'm not a regular at this place).

Was my line ok? I can't call down to the river on this dry board, especially with the BB yet to act, and no good read on villian.

p.s. Is this a post better suited for the B&M forum?