Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2005, 01:19 PM

Default A little analysis for all those mad at Party

Everyone who is upset at Party for this development is missing a big point. PP is not your employer, as many have implied. Also, you are not a PP customer! Party Poker made a decision that didn't actually hurt any of thier customers, but customers of competitors who share resources with Party, probably at Party's expense. How many of you who are upset used to be PP players but switched to EB or Empire for better RB?

Hell, the whole time PP made it clear in the Afilliate terms that the program was not to be used for RB, but rather as an incentive for people to promote new players. Perhaps PP's decision months ago to make it more difficult for serious players to pay a reduced rake at the site was a bad decision, but it was a decision that was thiers to make.

Now, this weekend's severing of it's ties with the network actually only hurts other people's customers, many of whom will come back to party because of this decision. If I were a PP shareholder, I'd be very happy with this move.

just because you claim poker as your job does not make Party Poker responsible for treating you like an employee. you are either thier customer, which if something about this has upset you than you can take your business elsewhere (why you would be upset, I don't know. games are softer now, so it shouldn't be upsetting) or you are someone else's customer, and they don't even have a responsibility to be courteous to you or concern themselves with your needs.

People who were previously breaking terms with Party so they could multitable better have even been looked after, with PP now allowing 10 tabling. Party has actually tried hard to look after the interests of thier customers.

I empathize with everyone who has lost easy access to thier rakeback. Most of you will probably find yourselves with more options than you currently think. I can even understand mindlessly ranting about how PP shat on your parade, or whatever. but all these claims that PP is making a bad business decision are absurd. One of the great things about 2+2 is that we can get a reasonable picture of this industry and what kind of a part of it we are. Such clear misinformation being bantered around is good for no one.

I suppose I'll go back to the lurk

-Rudy