Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2005, 03:11 PM

Default MTT help with the chips

Evening all,

Ill be playing in the £10k tonight on crpto and I somehow need my confidence restored in my MTT ability. I tend to play tight early on and will fold a wide range of cards to any decent raise pf although im simply not being dealt any hands as of late and before I know it im short stacked after 30 minutes into the tournament with a stack of around 1200 and blinds of 100-200. What do I do when I havent seen any cards for ages and all ive had to work with are average picture cards off suit in MP? Do I simply raise 3x bb and take a stab at it or just wait until Ive got a hand to play with?

I find it so difficult within the first hour as so many gamblers are willing to all in anything suited/connecting and that completely limits your raising hands (when they are also calling with the mentioned hands)

Its true that this post is leaning towards me rambling because of the way Ive gone out of recent mtts (gamblers spiking their pair on the river etc) and im wondering if im playing far too tight early in the tournament.

Of course in the first few blind structures ill be calling in LP with suited connecters etc but when the blinds are big enough to steal I cant bring myself to do it.

Ive won a few big mtt tournaments in the past but its been a while since and all im coming 1st in now is this thread.

Any advice out there on how to accumulate a reasonable stack early on?