Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2005, 12:33 PM

Default Hand vs. Fsuplayer

Home game with blinds of $1/$2. I have around $800 to start the hand.

I pick up A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG and raise to $20. Earlier in the night my aces were busted by a set for a good pot so I am a little tentative.

Fsuplayer, two to my left, is the only caller and has me covered. He hasn't been playing as LAG as usually but is still the most capable player at the table. He has no respect for money at this point in the night...calling with rags and stealing pots from players with any hint of weakness. Nonetheless, he's the last person I want to square off with even with aces.

Flop:5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check. He bets $30. I CR to $70. He calls quickly.

Turn:3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I bet $150. He makes it $400. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

If I call here, then I'll only be left with around $300 on the river with ~$1000 already in the pot. I think this is a situation where I am either slightly ahead or way behind so I am left with two options.

1. Push all-in.
2. Fold with my tail between my legs.

I think made some horrible mistakes in this hand with my betting. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
-Obnxnole-