Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2005, 07:57 AM

Default Re: 50/100 Boat??

Sisyphus had a good point. Villain is pretty much betting that you don't have the Q. And I think he is pretty sure that you don't have the queen because you wouldn't have bet the pot on the flop with the queen, nor if you had pocket 6s and flopped a boat. He has you on pair or AK/AJ. Yes, the cold call on the flop is slightly suspicious, enough for you to check the turn, and that is why he is probably bluffing.

He also knows that with that bet on the river, you need a very strong hand to call, either the Q, 66, and MAYBE aces or kings. he knows that you don't have 66, so if he does have the queen, he is praying that you have aces or kings because those are the only hands that will pay him off. And even then it's still a maybe. It just doesn't fit.

I really don't think he had the queen. And I don't think he was "valuebetting" as someone suggestted with 77-10s, because you wouldn't call $6,000 praying that you both play the board.

From the bet on the river, he could've had any 2, because remember, he really is betting that you don't have the queen. But since we have to assign him some strength because he did call the flop, I'd say that it was a pair but too small to play and that the only way he knew he could win was by pushing, so I think he had 22-55. So it is he who is playing the board, knowing that he can only win if you fold. And with a bet that big (twice the size of the pot) he knows that unless you have the q , 66, kk, or aa, you will fold. What do you guys think of this assessment?