Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Making -ev decisions in capped buyin games to cover fish...

Does anyone do this? Say you are sitting at a typical 5/10, capped buy online and 3 fish have about 1800 or more. Do you ever make bad calls preflop, or "gamble" on certain flops in order to hopefully double through so you can cover?

For example, I am more likely to call a raise with KJo and 1000 behind if I want to catch up to other players, whereas when I have 3000 behind I don't even think about it and muck. Or I'll raise 65s utg with only 1000 behind in the hopes of hitting and stacking so that I can cover, even though long term with only 1000 behind this is probably a -ev play. A flop example would be check-raising all in with just a flush draw (i.e. you know you only have 9 outs against someone's tptk - and they are likely to call.) I also limp in with a lot more crap on the button/co after several limpers, and I'm constantly reloading to 1000 after every hand....

The list goes on and on, but I think you all know what I'm saying.

I find that when I do this I normally get myself stuck about 1/2 a buyin give or take, but a few hours later all is well.

Just curious to see if anyone else does this.