Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2005, 04:59 AM

Default Um... corporate finance? Taking a course..

So uh... I thought that since I was interested in learning how to invest my money I should major in financing. I had decided to be a business major a while ago and needed this corporate finance class anyway so it wasnt some decision made by poker. Long story short, i'm in the class... don't understand alot of the stuff being taught and i'm pretty sure I failed the first test. I'm at this school on academic scholarship so I did think I was smart... but everyone in the class failed too. I didn't find out until the day before the test when going to the library that this class is notoriously known for having a hard first test... the whole class could be found in the library. Not because they all met there to study but because everyone had gotten into study groups on their own or by themselves to study for this test. Everyone I talked to had the same uncertanties that I did. But anyway, I don't like to compare myself to others but my confidence has been rattled and I am now worried that maybe finance my not be my cup of tea even though it relates closely to what I want to do.

Anyone else taken a finance course and not done so hot at first but learned the stuff later? Do I even need to major in finance if I want to get into investing? I figure it was the most logical major to get the most out of my education. But after taking this course i'm worried that this major would be too much work and too difficult... so i'm not even sure what I want to do. I studied for probably 12 hours straight before the test along with friends and we all are pretty sure we failed. Weed out course or something? For the first time I felt incredibly stupid (not just because I failed but because I really was trying to learn and studying hard and still failed). And if you're going to flame, at least be witty, thanks.