Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Recommend Me a New Computer

I love my present comp., which is a Pentium III 866mhz and over 4 years old, but it has its snags. The video card (which I bought new 6 months ago) apparently doesn't support 2 monitors; the rest of the system is pretty out of date as well. It lags from time to time, pokertracker etc. runs real slow, and starting up takes FOREVER. So I guess it is time for a new and better computer.

The thing is, even though my computer is out of date, it is not really 'failing' to meet my computing needs. I definitely am not an 'intense' user of my computer; Pokertracker and Windows Media Player are probably the most demanding things I run on it. I definitely don't want to pay a premium for a "souped up" system that is intended more for gamers or programmers etc. I imagine I would keep my 4 year old system around as a second computer; I'm sure it could come in handy.

I'd of course like the best price possible. How does a laptop sound? I can hook that up to my 2 21 inch monitors when I'm at home right, and take it around with me when I travel... Anyways any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

(Sorry for the disjointed writing of this post, I am writing it quickly from work.)