Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Re: 2/5 NL Borgota - Hand Analysis

[ QUOTE ]
and the story continues...

Baldy calls time. I sit there and say to myself over and over, I don't think there is any possible way I can fold this hand. My thoughts and analysis on this hand was I really do believe baldy has an overpair and misplayed his hand as he doesnt look like the mindgames type and showed true disgust when the arab pushed all-in. The arabs push represented to me a flush draw because he was just tired of not getting anything.... heres how it plays out

"I'm all-in" ($550+). Baldy says "Well now Im priced to call". Flips over AA?!? Arab flips over AK diamonds, I have the best hand with a set of 4's.

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] River: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Board: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Brutal! I win that hand and I make roughly $1,100 profit. I can't believe baldy limped on the SB or BB with AA and Arab limped with AKs.

My question was my call resulted in a coin-flip for the most part between the arab and I right. He has 12 outs to improve on the flop. Turn I have 10 to improve. But replaying the hand I knew if I called baldy would call which gives me 2:1 on my money. So this is a must call right - just a bad beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused, the board is

Board: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

You have 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Arab has A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the nut flush. How did you win again?