Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2005, 05:00 AM

Default Re: I stereotyped...and I was wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
no its not. this is just weak play and i think most of 2+2 shares this belief.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your assumption has many problems.

First, most people who post here play in loose aggressive party 30-60 games. I do to. Online, I threebet and don't think twice. But this is a live game. This game has reads. My opponent was tight and passive (not unbelievably so, but moreso than average).

Secondly, do yourself a favor here (I'm being sincere and serious). Do the math. Write down all of the possible holdings, and see how often I'm ahead. And if you don't want to believe my assessment, count all the times my opponent is on a naked bluff, and I'll gain an extra bet as a river bluff vs. the times that I threebet and they fold.

Do the math. Really. Show your work. Get to the next level beyond "I have trips, I threebet", and do some legit analysis.

I'll start for you. The only hands I beat are naked bluffs, KJ, and AA (and, as I said before, AA wasn't considered by me beforehand). The hands I lose to are all suited one gappers and connectors 87 and higher, all suited aces in hearts, A3s, KK and JJ (those are possible since AA is possible). Heck, throw in AhJx as the hands that I beat, and I still think it's clear.

Do you see where this is going?

Josh