Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2005, 03:18 AM

Default Opponent chip dumping in 3/6 game at Stars

Our goal is to win money every time we sit, but can it ever go too far?

Tonight, I lucked into a 3/6 short-handed table on Stars which I chose because of the abnormally high average pot statistic. When I began playing, it became clear immediately that a player with a large stack (around $500) was playing nearly every hand and capping it to the river.

Nobody said a thing as they scooped huge pot after huge pot -- I won a $220 pot three-handed with unimproved aces, and several others with middle pair and ace-high. It was that obvious.

When the player got down to about $150, he/she announced she was playing her boyfriend's account and that she was losing his money to get revenge for him screwing her friend.

When she busted, she said, "spend it, boys." Then she said her boyfriend had a lot more money and she would lose it all. Most at the table tried to convince her to rebuy.

Then one guy -- the kind who says "wtf" and "omg" every time he loses -- convinced her to play $100 heads-up SnGs with him. They actually negotiated the best scenario and she agreed, telling him all the cash was his.

I didn't check to see if they actually played, but they both left.

Are we under any moral obligation here? Is it right to sit down with someone who is openly giving his/her money away? I know this could have been a high player blowing off steam, but the story seemed a bit too real considering that player's play.