Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2005, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Limping QQ under the gun

[ QUOTE ]
um there's something to be said for the fact that raising utg with qq does not require you to lose 500bb's ifyou flop an overpair to someone else's set outof position. also your statement about it being advanced theory that deep stack poker plays differently than small stacked poker is ludicrous. some people in this forum have played poker once or twice, so you may want to tone down the pedantic crap, especially when you make generalizations that often do not apply.

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologise for my pretentiousness. I'm willing to learn from good players that willing to impart advice and theory, except I'm learning very little poker and a lot of forum etiquette.

This is a very interesting point of discussion I feel - a huge but vulnerable hand way out of position. What do you do and why? I've explained my line well I think - playing this hand in that position to take a shallow stack and if multiway, as any other overpair that you can get away from.

I'm not sure where the lose 500BB thing came from; but I'd be worried with QQ if reraised by deep stack and most likely would fold like a little wuss (because 500BB is damn hard work to earn b&m) or call to hit a set.