Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2005, 04:07 PM

Default $100 bubble slowplay QQ\'s? Turn and River plays?

Basically, the SB and I had been in a pot not too long ago, where I made him think I bluffed him with all my chips when I actually had the straight. It was a SB Vs BB situation where he instachecked preflop, I bet instantly on the flop when I had an OE straight draw, and he raised and I called. I hit it on the turn and then bet all my chips on the river when he folded. I proceeded to rib him a little and got under his skin.

So we jab back and forth a bit when this hand comes up. The whole tourney I had been raising 3xbb every time I raised then I get QQ's on the button and the blinds have started going up so I decided to make it look like a steal that didn't want a call by raising 4xBB.

When the SB called I put him on two high cards. Do you agree with my check on the turn? And how would you play the river?

Thanks!

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (4 handed) converter

UTG (t3960)
Hero (t1895)
SB (t4975)
BB (t2670)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t200</font>, SB calls t175, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t450) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t300</font>, SB calls t300.

Turn: (t1050) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (t1050) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t1400</font>,
Final Pot: t3845