Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2005, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Whatcha think of this?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it is better to check-call the flop, and checkraise the turn. Betting out just gets you raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

This flop didn't hit many hands. Not taking the initiative here is a mistake.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats precisely my point. The pot missed most hands, so by c-c the flop and c-r the turn, you get the best of both worlds. If a late position villain is aggro and is going to bet it despite having totally missed, your c-r on the turn may win you with pot. If he wants to be passive, that's fine also, since you'll happily take the freecard. On the other hand, if you bet out, and he raises (which many villains will, including raising on draws), your only choice is to three-bet and lead the turn and possibly a blank river (expensive and LAGish), or to check call the turn, and check fold the river UI. Betting this flop won't win it very often. As you yourself indicated in an earlier post, this is a draw heavy board, so part of the way to win it is to show aggression on 4th street, and bet the river no matter what (assuming you're HU).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd agree if there was a preflop raiser. But there wasn't. Getting 3 folds here isn't that uncommon.

Krishan - 70