Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2005, 01:10 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Can\'t understand why I don\'t do well online (long)

I think your efforts would be better spent in the strategy forums to make sure you have no 'major leaks' in your game. Just saying you 'think' you don't isn't really good enough. Make damn sure your game is as good as you'd like to think it is.

I looked through your past posts, I didn't see one post that was on a strategy forum. Kinda makes one wonder.

[ QUOTE ]
So I tried adjusting my play especially when there were more than one player at the table that I had spent a considerable amount of time playing against in the past. I have played quite a bit in live games...and although I may not be the best I feel that I play decently and do not think that I have any major leaks in my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you adjusting to this person? Just because he's played with you abit? It's been a long, long time since i've seen a live 3-6 or 4-8 game that one needs to adjust to. Especially if you describe them like this:

[ QUOTE ]
I always find it amusing to see a .5/1 game where the average number of players to the flop is 2 to 3...whereas in a local live 4/8 game I am accustom to seeing 5 to 6 players per flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why adjust when you are getting action? I play against many of the same players in my main live game over and over. I rarely have to adjust to them if at all. In general, they play the same way regardless of what they think of my play.

It's not hard to be one of the best player in a live 3-6 or 4-8 game. (though 3-6 the rake sucks) If you're not, then I'd concentrate more on becoming confident in being one of the best at your table than worrying about the legitimacy of online cardrooms.

btw...just because you may be the best player on the table, doesn't necesarily mean you're still beating the game. You could be the best of the table and still not be playing well enough to beat the rake.

b