Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Eli... LEGIT

Ernie Accorsi took a lot of heat from a lot of "experts" when he gambled by paying up with draft choices to get Eli Manning before the 2004 season. A lot of people said the Giants gave up way too much to get a player who was likely overrated due to his famous last name.

Less than a year and a half later, the critics have been silenced and Accorsi appears to have been vindicated on his move- Eli has looked flat out sick in his last two games, and his numbers on the year put him among the NFL's elite at the QB position.

True, it's still early in the year, but there is no doubt that this guy has a tremendous upside and, barring injury, is looking at a great career at the NFL level.

Curious to hear what others are thinking of Eli Manning and the Giants right now. I put a major bet on the Jints over 6.5 (about 18 times my normal wager size), and a lot of that was due to my faith in Eli.

Accorsi should be praised for putting it on the line with a belief that he had a great player on his hands. Eli is the type of guy you pay up for-- having a great QB for a decade or longer is nearly priceless.

Thoughts?