Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2005, 07:17 AM

Default semi bluffing, flop or turn = more fold equity?

Ok villian is pretty standard 20-40 SH player, 30-20-3 over about 400 hands. The only thing that really stands out is that he is super aggressive on the turn, from what I've seen of him he likes to do the "raise for showdown or extra bet incase ahead" move a lot.

You have very good table image and haven't gone to showdown with a bluff and have had the goods every time and the other players at the table are aware of that, giving you lots of credit for your hands.

This is a THINKING player who is capable of laying down if he gets a read.

A) Pump the flop since you have very good equity of the pot and also hoping to get weak hands to fold.
B) See the turn and get tricky by trying to represent a big hand on a scare card or what not if you miss that is.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero .....

My thought process on the turn was that if he was raising the turn with QQ-99 or KQ KJ KT he is raising for a free showdown on the river. If he had AK he is going to capp me and I've got to hit one of my outs. But if villian has one of the hands mentioned I think I can get a fold out of him on the river or right there on the turn depending on his holdings.. Thoughts?