Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2005, 05:24 PM

Default What to do about tilt

I'm sorry if this is covered in another thread, I spent 20 minutes looking for one without success, so I'm posting a new one. Anyway, I've been on tilt a lot recently. I play mostly low buy-in NL SnGs and MTTs ($2-10). Anyway, I've been sucked out quite a bit. I know this is just variance; I'm not complaining about the suckouts themselves. My problem is that I sit down to play, and I do just fine, until I get sucked out on for a big pot or lose with a good hand to an even better hand. Then it's like instatilt. I almost can't control myself. I basically lose the desire to play. I think I know that my chance of winning are very low, so it's very hard to stick with the game. I start playing any two reasonable cards that come along. T9s in the face of a 3x bb raise, sure, why not? I'm not usually like this, I just stick it out, and hope I catch enough cards (or steal enough blinds) to get back in the game.

What can I do to stop from tilting when this happens? This has been going on for about a week now, and I've dropped quite a bit of my bankroll because of it. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Will