Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2005, 11:15 PM

Default 99 hand, need suggestions on most every street

I have no read on the villian except that he had only been there a bit and hadn't shown anything down yet. So at this table, that might actually make him reasonable.

The other players in the hand are total donks that literally play any 2 and will cold-call a raise on any street with Ace-high or any draw or part of the board.

I tried to isolate on the flop. Didn't exactly work out, as you'll see.

Are there any better lines? Anywhere really.

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (18 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 20 BB

I guess I really didn't notice at the table that it was kind of a double check-raise. I did it, then MP1 did it.

Where do you find a fold, or do you just call down?

I have seen this sort of thing with two-suited on the board before as most players on this table, hell, this level, will push the flop action to the cap to make their flush draw "correct" on the next two streets.

I didn't fold due to Miller's, "Don't fold in a big pot to one bet even when you know you are beat". The additional overs and the flush draw hitting on the turn should have told me to save a few bets in this case I think.

Comments?

Any help is appreciated.