Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Honda Accord Hybrid

Does anyone own this car or know someone that owns it? What are the general thoughts on it? The 2006 model will probably roll out soon and I am giving the purchase of it some serious thoughts.

I currently own a 2003 Acura TL, for which I basically paid cash(paid off in a year). Now, I don't regret this, as my parent's Camry had 200k miles on it and it was MY first car, but I am now(not at time of purchase) an independent consultant and should have leased, if only for the tax deductions. My car gets the usually crappy V6 mileage and gas is shooting up and I have a feeling it will get to $4/gallon(for premium) in Southern California by the end of the year. If we are still in Iraq, $5/gallon is not out of the question in 2006. I think I can sell my Acura(40k miles) for about 2/3 of the price of the Accord, but that doesn't matter too much since I will be looking to lease.

Also, in 2006 there will be a decent tax credit for hybrid car purchases($1k-$3k). These are just a few of the reasons that I am looking at the Hybrid(environmental factors not withstanding). Also, the Accord Hybrid has 255HP or so(!).

Just looking for some general thoughts on the matter or any reviews of the car. I know that it will be hard to haggle in So. Cali. for price(have to pay around MSRP,~$31k), I hear prices in other parts of the nation for hybrids are lower(or at least negotiable to under the MSRP)? Thanks for any help.

DN