Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Putting people on tilt....+e.v?? really bad etiqutte? or who cares??

Alright, let me start by saying I never criticize bad play whether it be live or or on the web. I dont complain, I just steam on the inside, really. However, I'm sure we've all ended up exchanging off color remarks at one point or another at some time during our poker lives. That being said, I was in a pot the other day (non-live) and a player made a gut buster on fifth street and won three bets on the river, and proceeded to type about how stupid and horrible I was and that I was an idiot and so forth. Anyways, in the next few hands, He lost a very large pot to a flush on fourth street, and lost several bets on both streets with his overpair. Well, I subtlely remarked that he played the hand poorly and that he should reconsider playing at these limits, and he went on smooth tillllllllllt. He raised the next three pots and lost all. He kept running his mouth untill he lost his inital 1K buy in and left the table. This isn't the first time this has happened by any means. I've done this succesfully on several occasions when I've been given the opportunity to do so. I think that it's bad etiquette in general, but if the situation is right, I'll take advantage of my ability to antagonize my opponents. Any comments on whether this falls under a "no holds barred" approach to the game, or if this doesnt have a place at the table regardless of what your opponent has said, or maybe if this is a useful tactic in getting someone to play poorly against you and the rest of the table, which leads to a better game.

Lastly, I absolutely love watching a jerk lose his head and his chips. So satisfying. Really.

-Tex