Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2005, 04:19 AM

Default I drink too much soda

I've noticed my soda intake has gone up a ton this year. I drink upwards of 48 ounces of diet cola per day. It ranges from Diet Coke w/ Splenda to Diet Hansen's (from Trader Joe's, also sweetened with Splenda and lacking in caffeine as well) to the ones with both aspartame and caffeine, like Diet Pepsi. [I hardly ever drink regular sodas because I don't generally like sugar].

I also drink water -- I use a Brita filter at home and consume an average of 2 bottles of Sparklett's when I'm at work. I also have the occasional orange juice, coffee, beer, and wine. So it's not like diet soda is my only beverage. I drink a lot of fluids every day, and now soda (mainly Diet Coke w/ Splenda these days) is the predominant favorite.

I think this can't be good, since I should do everything in moderation, and 48 oz./day is not moderation.

Questions:

1) Is this as bad as I think it is; if so, why?

2) What should I do to help curb my soda intake -- namely, what to replace it with (besides water, when I yearn for something with a flavor), what the best way to curb it is, and is anyone else going through the same thing?