Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2003, 04:43 AM

Default RGP animosity question

Where does their hate for 2+2 come from? Now, I realize that there have been certain individuals in the past who have had run ins with Mason or David, but there seems to be some overwhelming consensus there that 2+2 give faulty advice, and that the poker content on RGP is loads better/more acurate.
Now, I look at RGP through google which displays 25 threads per page, newest to oldest. Scrolling through the first few pages, I'm reading about television shows and movies, president bush (ad nauseum), various get rich quick schemes, WPT and other tournament errata (non-strategic, trivial stuff), trolls, cheating, personal insults, why 2+2 sucks, online rooms ads (from shills), and other assorted non strategy related threads.
In the first four pages (100 threads), I've seen only two suited connector questions, two hand discussions, an interesting discussion (started by vince) about skill level needed for varous structures, and a tournament hand discussion that could qualify as "strategy" related. even then, one of the suited connector threads was more of a statistics question than a strategy one.
additionally, these threads were, for the most part, the least responded to

where, exactly, is all this brilliant poker advice on RGP, and who are the ones giving it?