Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2005, 02:08 PM

Default God & String Theory

I wouldn't say I'm a Christian, or a Taoist, or much of anything, really.... but this is a long rambling bit I wrote, and I would like to get some comments on it.

These theoretical concepts are basically ideas that have been thought up over and over since the pre-Socratics and by anybody that's ever done psychedelics. The concept is that there is a "theory for everything"... the current theory involves string theory or m-theory.... that is, saying that superstrings are the tiniest bits of reality possible, and those superstrings build upon each other to form our reality.

Going with this concept, if superstrings really do make up everything, then we are all made of the same things... you and I are made of the same "stuff" as this chair, that tree, water...

Therefore, if everything is made of everything, and God is supposed to be everything, then we are all already a part of God and God is already within all of us (as well as all other living and inanimate things).

And so, we have an omnipresent state of existence called God. (Note: not the anthropomorphic God... just an all-encompassing God)

And this omnipresent state of God is within all of us. The central idea around Taoism is that there is an underlying and all-permeating force within everything, called the Tao (or the Way). Through meditation, once can become attuned with this inner force. One can learn to recognize the Way of the universe. We can establish a relationship with this permeating force and let it guide our lives on a natural, spiritual organic course.

Of course, since this force is already within us, all we are really doing is learning to know ourselves. Additionally, since we are all part of the same force as the rest of the world, we can learn to "let go"... a point at which our ego ceases to exist and we become a part of the Way. Although we were already a part of the way, through meditation we can shed our phsyical sense of self and become one with God.

I'm sure you can see where this is going.... superstrings, the Tao, God, "what is", "I am", "be", the ether, a singularity... these are all the same thing.... and I will sometimes use them interchangeably.

Back to superstrings... if superstrings are the ultimate theory for everything, that is, the base unit upon which everything else is built, then that means if we were able to put the entire universe under a microscope and plot out the individual locations of each superstring, as well as be aware of the way the interact with each other, then we would be able to plot out previous states of existence. That is to say, the organization of all pieces of energy and matter in the universe would form one large equation. From that equation, we would be able to calculate previous positions and interactions and other equations.

If we are able to algorythmically define reality from the past into a calculable equation, then conceivably, we would also be able to calculate reality into the future, as well as linearly. For the future, if we know the position of each current particle, and how each particle will interact, then we will be able to calculate future positions of each particle. To calculate something linearly, we could calculate back to a specific point in time, and then from that point, concentrate on calculating our way back to the present using a different course and arriving at a different point.

To provide an example, let's pretend there existed a human being whose brain had the mental capacity to be able to calculate these extremely large equations. If this human being was existing on Dec 8, 2004, then they would be able to perceive the present state of reality, examine this state (aka "equation) and then factor to the future and determine future states of reality. Alternatively, say this human existed in Ohio. They could examine their current reality, factor back and follow each pre-existing state of reality back to a certain point, and then follow the interactions of those pre-existing particles with other pre-existing particles, and follow those along a different path, to arrive back to the present, and be able to calculate the existing state of reality in, say, California. While the person wouldn't have physically moved, their mind would be able to determine other states of existence based on time or place. If such a person existed, then during those moments of extreme calculation, they would be experiencing the capacity for ESP. They might not "know" how they are doing, but in their "minds eye", they are perceiving the future, or are seeing other places that are existing at the same time.

Additionally, lets say there was a human being that was so intuned to "the way" (aka, superstrings, or the permeating force of everything) that they could perceive the interactions between the atomic structure of the world around them and their own human body's atomic structure. Some atomic theories state that if given enough time, if a person were to constantly try to walk through a wall, that eventually the atomic arrangment would be such that for that very moment, they would be able to walk through the wall.

However, that method is pure brute force, just trying it over and over again. What would happen if there were a human that could perceive those atomic arrangements, and perhaps even shift them around on demand whenever they wanted, then they could conceivably walk through walls whenever they wanted. If they could do this, perhaps what else would they be able to do? Perhaps they would be able to calculate and perceive the atomic structure of water, and allow their body to interact in such a way with water that the person would actually be able to.... walk on water. Perhaps they could use this same capacity to alter the molecular structure of water and... turn water into wine. Perhaps they could use this same skill to "reach into" another human being (really since we are all part of the same "stuff", they are really only reaching into the ether, the way, whatever) and change the other humans body so much that... the blind would be able to see again.

It is my contention that there did indeed exist a Jesus of Nazareth, that he did have this capacity. He was able to perform these miracles because he was so intuned with "the way" that it become possible for him.

Additionally, since he was so in tuned with the way, he would be able to perceive every part of the way, every part of the universe, every part of God. He would know that God is within all of us, and that we are all made of God. Was he the son of God? Yes, in the sense that if God is the permeating source of everything, then we are all the children of God. In a sense, we are god.

Much like some people are "smarter" than others, some people have a better ability to perceive this capacity within themselves. While I am not sure if this capacity would be genetically or deterministically defined, I think that we all have it on some level. As a result, we have telekinesis, ESP, psychics, deja vu, miracles, talking to God...

So, in a sense, we all have the sense to be like Jesus. We should be thankful that he had such a love for humanity that he would sacrifice himself for us. Then again, he already knew that he was a part of everything (including God) already, so really he was only sacrificing his physical self.

Then we have the Buddhas... I feel they had the same capacity, but they chose to use that capacity on a different level, a more internalized level. Whereas Abrahamic religions taught reverence for this state of God (although they personified it), Eastern religions taught reverence for the way. They were both worshipping the same "thing", just in different ways.

Eastern religions stress introspection and mediation in order to become one with the way (or the Tao). Western religions use mythology to influence people into becoming more spiritual and becoming one with God. Both of these concepts also have something else in common.... zen and grace.

So, in a sense.... God/Tao is in everything, we are all God/Tao, God/Tao is within us, we can find God/Tao through introspection and meditation.

Superstrings are the Tao... the Tao is God.