Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2005, 11:12 AM

Default QQ & AQs overplayed here?

Well I was just getting the hang of the table. I don't really like the way I played the QQ hand. I think I need to start laying these A(KQJ)s when a tight opponent bets to me. Any help appreciated!

Hero is UTG+1 with [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q
UTG calls, <font color="red">Hero calls</font>, Everyone but MPsomething calls. (and 2 sitouts)
To the flop we go 7 handed.
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A

UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets (with intention that someone raises behind and drives people out) </font>
UTG+2 calls, UTG+3 raises, everyone folds to Hero, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets (Am I just donking here? Or is this a good play to get some information? UTG+3 is a tight player) </font> UTG+2 folds, UTG+3 caps, <font color="red">Hero calls </font>
Turn (8BB):
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9
<font color="red">Hero check/calls</font>
River: [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5
<font color="red">Hero check/calls</font>

So is this a bad way to play these hands? I hate to play AQ without a draw.

Second hand:

Hero is UTG with QQ:
<font color="red">Hero calls (going for the set)</font>
Folded to MP something who raises, Button calls, sb folds, bb calls, <font color="red">Hero calls</font>

Flop:
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9

Note: MP something has done raisin PF with 55, TT and then pushed it all the way, so I figured why shouldn't I play this and make him pay for his actions.
<font color="red">Hero checks</font>, MPsomething bets, button calls, BB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, MPsomething calls, button folds.

Turn: [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2
<font color="red">Hero check/raises</font>, MPs bet/calls
River: [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K
<font color="red">Hero check/calls</font>, MPs bets

I know it's messy sorry. I couldn't get the hand information so the seats are messed [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Just bear with me ok? Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]