Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2005, 12:20 PM

Default My Picks

I'll add a little commentary this week in support of the folks like McGahee who risk being maligned by hindsight, but put themselves out there anyway. I know very little about this, however, so I don't recommend anyone taking me seriously.

$400 Giants -3
$300 Chargers +5.5
$200 Jaguars -4
$100 49ers +3

I thought that the Giants, and especially Eli were pretty composed on Sunday night. The Rams have been awful on the road (they barely scraped out of Arizona with the win), the Giants respectable at home (if we include the NO game), so I'll stick with that pattern.

Seems like too many points to give San Diego against a depleted New England squad. They're at home, of course, but if Carolina can catch them off guard, so can San Diego. The win helped the Chargers, but 1-3 is still pretty ugly, so they should have that same intensity they displayed on Sunday night.

The Jags have looked pretty solid so far, whereas the Broncs will have a short week's rest, and may be a team that struggles on the road.

My "just for fun" $100 pick, which is the only one that came through last week. There are a few non-believers out there, but the Niners have at least kept pace with (and in one case beaten) two mediocre teams, and Arizona is mediocre at best. There's no real home-field advantage, Warner's out, so why the three points?