Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Re: SSH made me 60 bucks!

[ QUOTE ]
This is wrong. Hero is clearly not ahead, and raising the flop in EP with bottom pair is pretty bad. When you are drawing to 5 outs in a relatively small pot, you don't really have a hand to protect. My order is fold > call > raise.

Also, raising the flop cuts your implied odds in half. The concept of implied odds centers on getting a lot of bets when you invest only a few. By raising, you are investing twice as much money and winning the same amount if you do hit.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh man, did any of you guys even read the book i mentioned in my title??? Get some of your facts straight. If they werent complete donks i would definately like a raise to PROTECT my vulnerable draw (well, the pot would be too small and id fold, but pretend it isnt). yeah, PROTECT. There seems to be a lot of confusion about when, why, and how to do this. the pot is not small, it is 7 bets. for 5 outs i need around 8.5-1. i figured i could make up for the 1.5 small bets because these players are bad and would pay me off. reread SSH plz. il do it too