Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2005, 02:11 AM

Default OT: im forcing myself to move up to 109 asap. good or bad?

well this is a question i had in mind for awhile. i have been playing sng's for a little over a month so far. a month and 14 days to be exact. and to most, people say i am moving up preety damn fast.the way i see it, i want to get beter asap to be playing the 109's with a good br as soon as possible. i started with 11's and played about 200 sng's there and move to 22's in 14 days or so. then my wireless plan got messed up so i didnt play for a week but got back to it. i played about 15 days of 22's getting a decent roi and had enough confidence to move to 33's. my br is not great great but i think its not bad for a winning player to play with. now i played 33's for a week and i think im ready for 55's. i played only couple 55's so far with incredible roi but thats irrelevant cause of my insufficient sngs played. and many has asked me why i dont just play 22's cause seriously.. i think its much easier to make money there. but my answer was that i want to make money later while getting better now. the real money i want to make in the 109's and 215's. is this good thinking? i started 55's today btw.

here are some numbers.

limit roi itm played
11's 16% 41% 254
22's 19% 39% 654
33's 15% 38% 295
55's 120% 65% 12 - irrelevant
109's 0% 0% 2 - irrelevant

i usually take stabs at higher limits once in awhile and try to move up that way. my bankroll right now is a little over 2k in each of my accounts.

PS: all these stats are 8 tabling the 11's, 22's, 33's
55's 4tabling and 109's i 2 tabled. i thought it would b smart to 4 table 55's to get comfy with it.

please comment on all this. is this wise? or should i just stay in each of the limits for a little longer? i understand 2k/2k in each account might not be enough for the 55's but i am disciplined enough to go down a limit if i need to. so please comment.

i also understand i am not exactly "killing" my limits but i am trying to speed things up.
-NiR