Fold 31 28.97%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2005, 08:33 AM

Default Re: poker sites \"juicing\" the game

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just out of curiousity - are you including times when your opponents are on draws and they come in (or don't) in your analysis? Because if you are, there's a problem with your numbers - you do not see what your opponents held the times they fold on the river when their draw doesn't come in. Therefore, they're not actually hitting as often as you think - your sample is just biased in that opponents are more likely to go to showdown and let you see their hands when they win.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only hands I'm recording are all-ins with both hands turned up. For flush draws, it's after the flop where 2 players get it all-in. For the dominated hands it's 2 players getting it all-in before the flop. Both of these situations can be statistically predicted with accuracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

If after 1,000 observed hands you notice that the trend shifts towards the favorites actually winning more than their fair share, what conclusion will you draw then?

[/ QUOTE ]

All I'm saying is that I was leery of what I was observing but didn't want to trust my perceptions and have decided to record the results and see what they are over time. What is wrong with that?

Then I can make my own judgements rather than rely on opinions from both sides like those posted in this thread.

For the record, I don't believe it's rigged, it would be foolish for them to do that. But I don't have total confidence in the rng yet.