Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Re: How widespread is cheating?

Sites funded entirely by Western Union or player to player transfers should be monitored closely in my opinon. If that account never makes a withdrawal after playing in cash games alot, that should also be a warning sign. They should then find out who that account loses most of their money to, or does a p2p transfer to. That would lead eventually to the main account the cheater uses to withdraw from.

Also, pay attention to accounts that are initially funded by free roll winnings. That is another easy way for fake accounts to get money into them without making a deposit.

You see, if they are using a friends name who lives in Tahiti to create an account under, then when it comes time to withdraw from that account they have no real valid way to do it. So they have to either dump the chips, which I know is done, but that leaves a trail. Or they can p2p transfer, which leaves another huge trail.

I think the last thing they want to do is have to create a withdrawing method set up in that fake accounts name, then try to keep it straight with the relative or friend who's information they are using. So they have to move their multiple account winnings ultimately to the one main real person account in the end through other methods. So the sites, with enough resources for security, could find some trails if they can catch a sniff of impropriety. That would take some man hours though I would guess.