Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2005, 01:08 AM

Default 7c4c bb

i have 7c4c in the bb. 5-10 500 buy in great live game. 2 players limp, tilted fishy button who plays every hand but usually doesnt raise much raises to $40. he has about $2000, i have about $1200, others have around 600-1000. sb calls, i call, others call. 5 of us.

the flop is Ac5c5h. checked to button who bets $150. sb folds, i call, others fold. heads up.

the turn is 7s. i bet $250, he makes it $500 straight (min raise), i call.

the river is a 8c. i push my last $400.

now i already went over this with others and the turn bet there is awful. see this guy will almost never fold something like JJ there. he will just call down most likely. and the other stupid thing about my bet is if i had just checked he likely wouldve bet too small a bet, something like 150 or 200 or something because he never bet enough. actually that's one of the reasons i played the hand in the first place was he tended to let people come along for way too little in big pots. anyway just wanted to state that before the thread starts and people say the turn is dumb. im more interested in preflop and flop i guess and seeing if there's anything i may have missed or not realised.