Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2005, 11:18 PM

Default BACK down to 2/4

I have the link to the "I hate tiger woods" post in which the guy took winning players' statistics and found a mean/average and have been pouring over my PT stats for this month and can post the stats for all of my 27K+ hands of 3/6 if you want me to but that's not really what I am looking for.

I guess what I"m loking for is answers to some questions and maybe some reccommendations.

I work in a seasonal business, from my name you can probably guess it's GOLF. And basically at the end of November, I'm done for the year. WEll rather than going out to getting another job for 3 months, I'm considering playing poker for those 3 months until the work season starts up again.

So now you know the mindset that I'm in. With that in mind, give advice/answer the following questions...also, feel free to offer advice on other subjects as well should the topic of this post be lead astray...

Try to quantify the difference in difficulty in BB/100 between the 2/4 party and 3/6 party...?

for the month of sept. i'm a .28bb/100 loser at the 3/6 game over 27k+hands. But i was beating the 2/4 for 1.4bb/100 before I moved to 3/6. Is it really THAT much harder? (these figures are for 4+tables)

Is it possible that I'm just running bad this month? (rhetorical question, i know the answer could be yes, but 27k hands seems like a somewhat descent amount of time to be able to weather a bad run )

I have rakeback, thank heavens, which will put me back in the black for the month of september, but it's become exhausting to be a small loser each night over and over.

Like i said, I've studied my stats from PT and MOST of them fall in the stats range on the afformentioned post. Also, in the post, it says "there are probably people who's stats fall outside of these guidelines that are winners, and also people whos stats fall inside these margins who are losers but this is a good start." What are your thoughts on this?

For the time being, i have moved back down to 2/4. (my ego isn't so big that I refuse to move down) and will crunch away there for a while before making the move again.

I know this is the right move for the time being, but I want to actually get something out of this and learn from my experience, so lets talk through this and hopefully I can accomplish that goal.

I'll check back frequently (sorry for any spelling errors, Im typing in a hurry before I have to run an errand)