Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2005, 04:17 PM

Default I got completely lost on this one...

The maniac from this hand is on the button. Again, his cap is meaningless.

BB is an interesting case. I think he's not that bad. He's been generally staying out of my way as I go at it with the LAG, but he has also shown that he can push back against the LAG. Because of all the action, I think he's a little bit extra loose preflop, but not absurdly so. He probably thinks I'm nuts because I keep showing down weak hands (but they keep winning).

I wanted to check-raise the flop to drive out BB, but when BB bet it, things got a little funny. I went with the check-3-bet to see how he would respond. When I got capped, I started to get worried about being outkicked.

I checked on the turn expecting BB to bet. But he checked... then the maniac checked... By this point, I'm not really sure anymore what anyone has.

I checked the river, hoping that BB has gone into check-call mode with something like 77 (since a second overcard fell), but then he comes out firing on the king. And then the maniac raises. He typed "st" in the chat window (straight), but I have no reason to actually believe him. But did he just pick up a king? And what about BB?

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.

River: (12 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero ...