Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2005, 01:49 PM

Default The Dunks chick tried to steal my quarter

On my way to work I went through the Dunkin Donuts drive through and ordered a medium regular. At the window the girl says $1.75 so I hand her 2 one-dollar bills and she exchanges it for my coffee hand-for-hand then closes her window. So I'm sitting there in my car for about 30-45 seconds staring at her closed window waiting for her fat, ugly head to pop back out and give me my 25c. Now I know what's going on here: she EXPECTS that the quarter is a tip so she figures that she can ignore me until I conveniently grow impatient and drive away. Well F that...it's MY MONEY and I'm not letting anyone STEAL it.

So finally she pops out, looks at me like she's surprised that I'm still there and I say, clearly annoyed, "My change, please??" She gives the look like she forgot. Whatever.

This tipping [censored] has gotten out of control. Don't get me wrong. I tip VERY well wherever I go (I used to be a waiter for years so I know how it is to work off of tips). The majority of times I will tip the Dunks girls my change or whatever but this really is just asanine.

I'm not sure if I conveyed this properly in text so you clearly understand what happened. Has this happened to anyone else?