Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2005, 11:15 AM

Default I have a flush draw! (Stars $300 hand)

This is from the Stars $300 from last saturday. I have been meaning to post this, but I don't have the HH so I need to do it from memory.

Started with about 120, we're down to about 40, 18 paid. I have played with quite a few players at the table before, and have decent reads on them, although I don't know that they have decent reads on me- I would assume so though. The level of play has been pretty good so far, with 1 or 2 sort of donks at the table.

The table has been playing pretty tight, but aggressive. I have about 8000 in my stack, avg is about 7500. Player directly to my left has me slightly covered.

Blinds are 100/200 with a 25 ante. I raise from 3rd or 4th to act with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. (Comments can be made on this obviously, but with relatively deep stacks, I dont think this is too bad at all.) Player directly to my left who has been fairly active, calls. Everyone else folds around.

Flop comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. pot: 1700

Having played with this player before, I figure that if I lead out small, he will raise me with almost any 2, seeing me as weak, and when he does this I will push, and therefore put maximum pressure on (hopefully) his missed overs, or middle pair- if he has those.

So I bet out 600, he raises me to some number between 1500, and 2000, I don't recall exactly. I decide to go with my original plan, and I push for ~7000.

Thoughts?